Thank you for your interest in Wayside Chapel. We would love to have you join with us this Sunday at 10:30am as we worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Please scroll down for helpful information to prepare you for your first visit. Please also visit the page entitled “Our Beliefs and Core Values” to discover our purpose and vision for what each person at Wayside Chapel will grow to become.
What to Expect
Each service at Wayside Chapel includes at least six basic elements.
- The worship of God’s people through the singing of classic and modern songs and hymns in a style that exalts Christ.
- The public reading of Scripture that correlates with the text that will be preached.
- The collective prayer of God’s people that focuses on asking for God’s will to be done in our lives and for us to be receptive to it.
- The giving of offerings in worship to the Lord as the Lord has blessed us. Giving boxes are mounted on the back wall of the sanctuary.
- The fellowship of God’s people includes the joyous harmony and collective rejoicing that we experience when we come together united by our common belief in Christ.
- The preaching and teaching of God’s Word at Wayside Chapel is generally a week-by-week consecutive exposition of Scripture through a whole book or section of the Bible. Our goal is not to preach ourselves, but to preach Christ Jesus the Lord (2 Cor. 4:5) so that each person will be equipped to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).
- Nursery is for infants and toddlers through 1 year old and is staffed by a friendly team of volunteers.
Children’s Sunday School is available for 2 years old-6th grade at 9:30am.
Children’s Church is dismissed during the 10:30am worship service just before the message. Children 1 year old through 6th grade are divided by age into three groups and taught on an age-appropriate level using The Gospel Project curriculum.
All of our Children’s ministry staff have been appropriately screened and background checked.
Click here for information about our other seasonal Sprout Kids Ministries.
There is no dress code at Wayside Chapel. We only request that the principles of modesty be your guide and that you are dressed appropriately for the time and place.
If this Sunday will be your first time with us at Wayside Chapel, please fill out a visitor’s card if you like so that we can get to know you better and pray for you. We would also like to give you a small gift as a token of our appreciation for your visit.
We occasionally schedule fellowship dinners after the Sunday morning worship service (or other various times throughout the year) which allows for a terrific time to get to know the church family. If your first visit is on one of these Sundays, please stay for dinner and be our guest.
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of each month in morning worship. We baptize only believers by immersion upon a clear profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. If you are interested in being baptized, please speak to one of the Pastors.
We generally preach and teach from the New King James Version but our members and guests follow along in a variety of accurate, literal translations according to their own personal preference. We acknowledge the value of various literal translations and the benefit they provide in grasping harder to understand words and phrases.
Yes. Our sanctuary and main meeting areas are all accessible by ramp. Our bathrooms are handicap-accessible.
Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:30am and typically concludes about 11:45am.
Sunday evening service begins at 6:00pm and usually concludes before 7:00pm.
Wednesday Night Bible Study and Prayer starts at 6:30pm and usually concludes about 7:15pm.
The BLAST Children’s Program begins at 6:30pm and concludes at 7:45pm.
Services & Events
Sunday Service Times
9:30 AM | Sunday School
10:30 AM | Morning Worship Service
6:00 PM | Evening Service
Wednesday Services and Kids Clubs
6:30 PM | Adult Bible Study and Prayer, BLAST, and Youth Group
Throughout the year we also have special events like VBS, Missions Emphasis, Church Family Thanksgiving Dinner, various Christmas events, concerts, Summer camp, and other events that can be found on the church calendar.